Coronavirus Update Center
Since our founding in 1934, Groome Transportation has not wavered from its commitment to passenger and employee safety. Now, more than ever, we are devoted to ensuring the best and safest possible service experience for our customers. In response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, here’s how we’re working to keep you safe when you travel with Groome.
As part of our enhanced cleaning procedures, Groome will be using a disinfection fogging procedure applied by a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer that blankets the interior surfaces of each vehicle with a high-grade EPA-registered disinfectant, which is both highly effective against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses, including coronaviruses, and safe for passengers. This is the same technology used by leading airlines and hospitals across the country to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our cleaning checklist puts an extra focus on commonly touched surfaces in our vehicles, offices and waiting areas, and uses the same hospital-grade disinfectant as our sprayers.
Groome employees are trained and equipped to maintain a clean environment through frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer.
Riding in Our Vehicles
Similar to new policies implemented by airlines, and along with TSA guidance, we have implemented the following additional changes:
- Face coverings / masks are no longer be required for passengers or employees while traveling with Groome Transportation.
- We will continue to facilitate a regular supply of fresh, filtered air into the vehicle.
Team Member Training
Groome employees have been trained on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the following:
- Proper cleaning and sanitation techniques, including the use of electrostatic disinfectant sprayers.
- Frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Proper use of cloth face coverings.
- Staying home if not feeling well.
FACE COVERINGS FOR DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS
Will passengers be required to wear face coverings / face masks?
- In response to the recent court ruling, along with the TSA and many major airlines, face coverings / masks will no longer be required for passengers while traveling with Groome Transportation.
Will drivers be required to wear face coverings / face masks?
- In response to the recent court ruling,along with the TSA and many major airlines, face coverings / masks will no longer be required for employees while working and driving for Groome Transportation.
PASSENGER SCREENING PROTOCOL
Does Groome screen its passengers for COVID-19 symptoms?
- Groome does not screen its passengers for COVID-19 symptoms as: i) passengers must self-screen and be fever-free and lack other COVID-19 symptoms prior to travel, as described below, and ii) Groome is not in a position to make a determination of any risk of COVID-19 infection, which is a matter that should be left to health care professionals.
- Groome recommends that passengers do not travel while ill and/or if they demonstrate any other symptoms of COVID-19; in either case passengers should seek prompt medical attention.
- Any person awaiting a COVID-19 test result should not ride in a Groome vehicle.
- All persons of "high risk" should consider not riding the shuttle unless necessary.
DRIVER AND EMPLOYEE SCREENING PROTOCOL
How are Groome employees screened for COVID-19 symptoms?
- Prior to each shift, employees are required to screen themselves for COVID-19 symptoms, which includes self-taking of temperature to check for fever by asking themselves the following upon clocking into work:
- Since my last day of work, have I had a fever of 100.4°F or higher?
- Do I have any or a combination of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever (CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of 100.4oF or greater, feels warm to the touch, or gives a history of feeling feverish)
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Any employee who is not feeling well or who has symptoms of any illness is required to promptly notify his/her supervisor and stay at home.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING VEHICLES
How frequently are Groome vehicles cleaned and disinfected?
- Vehicles are cleaned after each service shift (passengers cannot be aboard the vehicle during cleaning).
How are Groome vehicles cleaned and disinfected?
- Groome uses a disinfection fogging procedure that blankets the interior surfaces of each vehicle with a safe, high-grade EPA-registered disinfectant, which is 99.999% effective against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses, including coronaviruses, and is applied with a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer. This is similar to what is used by hospitals and airlines.
How should passengers tip drivers?
- We recommend that tips for driver be added to the passenger’s credit card charge at the time of reservation.
- Giving cash directly to the driver is also an option.
PASSENGER NOTIFICATION OF COVID-19 POSITIVE CASE
Will passengers be notified should their driver or another passenger in the vehicle test positive for COVID-19?
- Groome will work closely with and take guidance from the appropriate public health agencies/personnel to identify and/or contact any passengers who may have been exposed to a COVID-19-positive driver or passenger. In doing so, Groome maintains privacy of any driver or passenger diagnosed or presumed to have COVID-19.